NHBV employs unique methodologies and tools in a 4-step process to help businesses survive disruptions in the short term, turnaround performance in the mid-term, and achieve growth in the longer term.
Step 1: Business Baseline (The Diagnosis)
Assessing the status of the Business and its surrounding environment. Projecting realistic future results.
- Understanding key external forces such as the economy, technology, and business practice innovations
- Analyzing competitive positions - yours and others
- Assessing your product portfolio
- Projecting future results based on a realistic baseline
- Identifying key critical issues
Step 2: Business Survival (Stabilization)
Developing short term actions to address business plan shortfalls and key critical issues and then implementing them.
- Establishing short term survival goals
- Exploring alternative strategies to achieve those goals
- Developing detailed action plans to implement the chosen strategies consistent with time and resource constraints
- Mobilizing or deploying resources as required
- Monitoring results and making changes
Step 3: Business Turnaround (Recovery)
Internal restructuring and operational optimization to maximize business results.
- Identifying business issues, and addressing them
- Reviewing marketing strategy and revising marketing plans
- Optimizing manufacturing processes for improved performance and quality
- Reviewing and balancing the product program portfolio for maximum potential and minimum risk
Step 4: Business Growth (The Future)
Pursuing new directions and innovative approaches to business expansion and renewed growth.
- Finding and assessing new ideas and new technologies with potentially high business impact
- Exploring New Business Areas and New Business Models
- Investigating possible external alliances and/or acquisitions
- Defining and developing strategies/plans for acquiring new capabilities and resources
For more about our books, articles, and social media presence visit our authors' Web site.